Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tiger's Apology

What did you think of Tiger Wood’s apology? It was quite long as far as public apologies go; and personally I don’t think it was very sincere. I believe it was well rehearsed and that he is more worried about his sponsors and winning them back than caring what the public thinks about him. In order to win his sponsors back though, he may have to appear to woo the public. I believe he is mad about getting caught and having all those girlfriends speak out and tell all to get their five minutes of fame.
But isn’t it about time that people say enough is enough and what you did was wrong? Why is everybody supposed to turn away from all of the wrongdoings in today’s society and act like it is okay? When things like that are done, it just carries down through the ranks. If he or she can do it, the next person thinks its okay for them to do the same thing. What kind of example does this set for our children?
I must say though, that I have a lot of admiration for Elin and Tiger’s mother. Neither one of them is covering this up and making it easy for him. I think that shows a lot of class from both of them because when Tiger loses, they lose too. They could have just sweep it under the rug and gone on as if nothing ever happened. By the look and posture of Tiger’s mother at the public TV apology, she is deeply distressed over this and I think that her actions speak louder than words. I believe that she will stand by her son but not condone his lifestyle and actions. He must get his life in order.
Even though I think Tiger’s apology was insincere and done to prevent monetary lose, I do hope for the best outcome for his family.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it was well rehearsed or even sincere as he had note cards that I think his wife wrote for him. And when I saw this I started geekin and started making fun of him saying that he is teaching his son how to get all the ladies at his age. But I do hope that his family does well and the public just gets on with their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that his apology was on tv but I didn't watch it. I think he is completely irresposible. As a father,husband, and a pulic figure, which so many young children look up to, he is a disgrace. I don't think Tiger thought too much about his children or anyone else as he was "playing the field" as a married man. I hope for the sake of his children that his wife can some how, some way, block this event from her memory and try to save their marriage. As for Tiger, I pray he has learned from his treacherous mistake. His true apology will show in his actions to come.

    ReplyDelete