Sunday, February 14, 2010

Super Bowl Commercials

I have just spent the last hour writing for my blog. After I was finished, I decided that what I wrote was too personal to share with classmates or strangers on the internet. Many of you, I will never see again when this class is finished. Most of you will probably not read what I have written anyway; and even if you do will forget about it almost immediately. This is an assignment that we must do for a grade and that’s okay. It will teach me about blogs and learning is good; however, I believe I can learn without revealing personal things about myself to my classmates or the world, things that only belong to me. It has been therapeutic though to write my first blog and then not post it for everyone to see. I did the same thing last week too. I think that many things should be kept private and kids do not realize that and allow people to see too many things on their blogs, face book and other internet sites that promote this kind of thing. But enough about this, from me you will hear about the snow, pets or school and other not to personal items.
Last week I taped the Super Bowl so that I could watch the commercials without watching the game. I had no interest in the teams that were playing; however, it was a touching moment at the end when the winning quarterback and MVP (I think) was holding his son. It must be such an adrenalin rush. I can’t even begin to imagine the feeling. All those people happy and applauding just for you must be one of the best feelings in the world.
Anyway, back to the commercials. One night during the snowstorms, I decided to flip through the game and watch the commercials. It seemed like there were more commercials than game time, but I guess when they are selling ads for millions of dollars for a few seconds that’s the way it will be. Make money when you can.
I thought the commercials were a little disappointing compared to other years. My favorite though and an exception was the commercial with the Budweiser horses and the bull. So touching and the two men at the fence at the end of the commercial gave it even more meaning. It made me think about my friends and what they mean to me.
I know that everyone is raving about the Betty White commercial, but I don’t quite understand it. Maybe anyone commenting on my blog could explain it to me and also let me know which commercial was your personal favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, I cannot offer any clarity on the Superbowl commercials as I didn't watch. I did however want to comment on the lack of filter some peolple have when posting information, in any medium. I agree with you that there are MANY things that go on in one's life that are better left in private, not shared over the internet. I have rewritten many posts, or as you did, not posted something because of the very personal nature of it, even though to write some of these things down was cathartic. I ask myself a few key questions before sharing: Would I want my children seeing this- ever, or a future employer? or a future spouse? If there is hesitation... then its a no-go.

    ReplyDelete